Everyone easily do Everest Base Camp Trek but to do Everest three-pass trek you need to have an adventurous soul. Because this trek subsists in the high Himalayas; and not for everyone to be on those three high passes. The best thing is that this trek can add with Everest Base Camp; and all the viewpoints in the Everest region.
Everest Three Pass Trek is also called Everest Circuit Trek; because the walking trail is a kind of circuit in this region. A daring heart only plans their adventures trekking holiday and chooses this trekking. If Everest Base Camp Trek gives the best mountain view. This trek offers even satisfactory mountain scenery from the passes.
As long as you go deep, you will get a better experience; the same thing applied to trekking too. As long as you climb higher you will get an excellent view of the surroundings. So Everest High Pass Trekking will give you a real lifetime adventures trekking experience in Nepal. Even to do these high passes are kind of basic preparation for the higher mountain expeditions.
Passing throughout the typical Sherpa villages and Buddhist shrines along the way. Will glorify you to succeed in your journey to the Everest region. The journey will commence after a scary flight to Lukla airport. And then follow the way to Namche Bazar via Phakding, Manju, and Jorsalle.
From Namche, you will have the choice; of which part you want to do first Kongma La or Renjola? Kongma La is the highest one and Renjola is the lowest one to pass. So the choice is yours. But as a professional and experienced trekking guide; I suggest doing first Renjola and then Kongma La. Because you will be acclimatized for the last moment.
Why Everest Higher Trail Trek is so adventurous?
In my point of view, there are many factors why this trekking trail is so adventurous they are.
- Need to pass three more than 5000m high passes.
- Very scary flight to Lukla by a little plane.
- Dangerous walking tracks on the high passes.
- If little snow very difficult to find the walking direction; and very slippery in the ice.
- To cross the world’s highest glaciers on the earth (The Khumbu Glacier and Nomochhumo Glacier)
- Longer than the normal Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Not everyone dares to do this trek.
- Altitude sickness can be a major problem.
- Good things you can see during this trek.
- An opportunity to fly the Lukla Airport – This airport is known as one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
- Outstanding mountain peaks while flying to Lukla.
- Typically villages such as Namche Bazar, Khumjung, Thame, and many more.
- Pass the three high passes.
- View of the four world’s highest peaks (Everest, Lothse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu)
- Explore the Gokyo Valley and five Gokyo Lakes.
- Opportunity to be in all the viewpoints of the Everest region (Tokyo Ri, Kalapattar, and Chhukung Ri)
- Enjoy the Sherpa culture and traditions.
- Take blessing from the Buddhist monks in the high Himalayas.
Day-by-day itinerary of Everest Circuit Trek
|Day 1||Fly to Lukla(2850m) and Trek to Phakding (2650m)|
|Day 2||Phakding to Namche (3440m)|
|Day 3||Hike to Everest View Hotel (3800) and walk down to Namche via Khumjung Village (3790m)|
|Day 4||Trek to Thame (3750m)|
|Day 5||Thame to Lungden (4500m)|
|Day 6||Lungden to Gokyo Lake (4700m) via Renjola Pass (5446)|
|Day 7||Hike to Gokyo Ri (5357m)|
|Day 8||Trek to Thangnak (4700m)|
|Day 9||Thanagnak to Dzongla (4855m)via Chola Pass (5420m)|
|Day 10||Dzongla to Lobuche (4910m)|
|Day 11||Lobuche to Gorakshep (5160m) and Hike to EBC (5360m)|
|Day 12||Early morning hike to Kalapatter (5550m) and Trek to Lobuche.|
|Day 13||Labuche to Chhukung (4730m) via Kongma La Pass (5535m)|
|Day 14||Hike to Chhukung Ri (5546m) and trek to Pangboche (3985m)|
|Day 15||Pangboche to Namche Bazar (3440m)|
|Day 16||Namche Bazzar to Lukla (2850m|
Best time to climb the Three High Passes of Everest region.
Nepal has four different seasons – spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Among these four seasons, spring and autumn are the very best time to hike Everest high pass trek. During these two seasons, the weather will be very clear and the mountain vistas will be amazing.
Spring seasons – March, April, May
Autumn seasons – September, October, November.
During these 6 months any time, you can plan your trekking to that area. However, sometimes the weather might be not clear even during this period. And change to snow in the high passes.
Who can do this trek?
To do this trek you must be physically and mentally very strong. Must have any above 4000m to 5000m previous trekking experience. Regular exercise, yoga, and additional things assist to give rise to your physical condition. Strong desire to climb the difficult trekking trails.
What do you have to bring for this trek?
Accumulate the needed trekking equipment such as.
- Good trekking boots
- A warm jacket
- warm trousers
- a couple of warm flees
- A water bottle
- Good quality warm hat and cap
- Water purifying tablets and tools.
- Some Energy bars
- Toilet papers
- Head Lamp and spare batteries
- Insurance for emergency evaluation.